Income Tax Preparation
Need to file an extention on your 2013 Taxes?
United Way of Central Alabama offers
Free Tax Assistance Year Round!
If you earned $51,000 or less, you qualify!
Call 2-1-1 or 1-888-421-1266 for
information and to schedule an appointment .
Want to file your own taxes?
Free On-Line Tax Preparation
If your individual or combined household income is up to $57,000, you can file your federal and state taxes for free!
This free and secure, do-it-yourself option utilizes H&R Block
software and is made possible through a partnership between
Walmart Foundation, Goodwill International and United Way Worldwide.
If you have questions while filing your taxes, free assistance is available Monday to Saturday until 9 p.m.
Looking for a location near you for free tax preparation?
Search this IRS Resource for locations by zip code. Click Here
You’ve Earned It!
Claim your refund. You may be eligible for earned income tax credits up to $4824.
Avoid high fees. Get your taxes prepared by IRS certified volunteers. Get your refund in 10-14 days. Individuals / families with adjusted gross income up to $51,000 are eligible. Unsure about eligibility? Call 2-1-1 or 1-866-869-4921.
Open a bank account, build savings or pay bills and improve your credit. Ask how to put your money to work.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Picture ID for you and your spouse
- Social Security cards and birth dates for you, your spouse, and children you are claiming
- A copy of last year’s return
- W-2 forms for jobs held in last year
- 1099 forms, such as 1099G, 1099Misc, 1099Int
- For direct deposit, bring your savings and/or checking account and routing numbers
- If you paid for child care — documentation listing provider name, address, tax ID#, and amount paid
- Tuition expense statement (1098T) and/or student loan interest statement (1098E)
- Home mortgage interest (1098) and property taxes paid
- Documentation of alimony and child support
- If you are itemizing bring documentation of out-of-pocket expenses for medical bills and charitable contributions